Saturday, August 28, 2010

Still neglecting the blog, but I'm reading, so...

Trying to get back into writing on the blog, but not doing so well... obviously. Have to say, we went to the bookstore yesterday with the kids, and Leo pointed out the new Pout-Pout Fish book on the shelf in his two-year-old way, "Mommy, fishy book." We went on to other things. It was mostly me chasing one or the other of the kids and trying to keep them all in one place until the hubby showed up and said, "Hey! It's the new Pout-Pout Fish book!" We didn't buy it, unfortunately, because it got put down quickly in order to chase a runaway Leo. And after all that, I check my blog tonight (after not being on for, um, a few months) and there's a comment from Deborah Diesen!!!! Awesome!!

So here's the cover of the new Pout-Pout Fish book:

The Pout-Pout Fish and the Big Big Dark
by Deborah Diesen
illustrated by Dan Hanna
ISBN: 0374307989




On a side note, I decided to check into my blog because I'm a wimp when it comes to scary stories. I'm trying to read Skeleton Creek by Patrick Carman. It's in journal form, and there are videos online that you can watch as you read through the book. Very Blair Witch Project-like. So, at the point where I heard a sound and looked behind me to see if anyone might be on our deck outside, I realized it was time to just read this book during the day. Good thing I have my Boston Terrier, Homer, to protect me. Wonder where he got off to...


Skeleton Creek
by Patrick Carman
ISBN: 1765043549

1 comment:

Debbie Diesen said...

Thanks for mentioning the new Pout-Pout Fish book!

Debbie Diesen

Followers

About Me

I'm a children's librarian and mother of two preschoolers. On the side, I play soccer, bike, scrapbook, crochet, and read an obscene amount of children's books.